No More Grocery-Shopping Blues!
But we do realize that not everybody loves grocery shopping as much as we do, so to ease those grocery-shopping blues, here are a few quick tips to get you through the store and back to your kitchen!
- Create a realistic game plan for your grocery shopping: it's easy to skip making a thorough plan before going to Shurfine Food Mart. What does the coming week look like for you? Consider your schedule: How many meals will you be eating at home? Do you pack your lunch? Take a moment to pick out some recipes or set up a meal plan, and list the ingredients you’ll need for them. Even though you think you have enough milk, or flour, or sugar, check again before leaving the house: it’s easy to run out of the items we take for granted.
- Always bring a shopping list: Even if you only need to buy a few things, and assume that you’ll remember them, don’t rely on your memory—getting in the habit of always creating and bringing a shopping list will make your grocery shopping much less stressful. Whether you do it on the back of an old envelope or use one of the many shopping apps available for tablets and smartphones, take a list!
- Organize your list by the aisles in the store: How many times have you darted from one end of the store to the other to retrieve a forgotten item? No wonder grocery shopping can be tiring! The layout of our store at Bliss Shurfine Food Mart is easy to navigate—and easy to remember. Make sure that your list takes that into account.
- Stick to your list: You made that list for a reason, so stick to it! What you don’t want is to leave the store feeling guilty about impulse buys. We don’t want that for you, either. If you see a product that you’d like to try, ask yourself if it fits into your plan for this week. If it does, great; if not, make a note of it and include it in next week’s shopping!
- Go shopping at off-peak hours: It’s not always practical, depending on your work and family obligations, but whenever possible try and visit Bliss Shurfine Food Mart when the rest of the world isn’t there. Weeknight evenings and Sunday afternoons are peak times for grocery shopping, so if you can avoid them, it will make your trip to the store that much easier.
Using these five quick tips will enable even the most devout non-shopper to find that going to the grocery store isn’t such a terrible thing after all. And at Bliss Shurfine Food Mart, we try every day to make your shopping experience convenient and positive. Why not stop by and see us today?